[PLUG] TCL question

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Thu Aug 26 11:16:02 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-08-26 at 10:58 -0700, R. Haack wrote:

> Wil you must by psychic, that is exactly what I'm doing.

Having been down that road, it was pretty unmistakable.

> What I'm ultimately trying to do is convert users from our existing
> email server to a new email server and I am trying to automate the
> setup in Cyrus so that I don't have to create 1600 email accounts by
> hand.  I've gotten the account setup portion done but I now I need
> something to create the mailboxes and setup quotas in IMAP
> automagically.  Do either of the links you sent me have something that
> will do that?

Yes.  migrate-pw-to-cyrus2.pl creates INBOXES for users. createfolders.
pl creates sub-folders.  batchsubscribe.pl subscribes users to their
mailboxes.  These scripts were written for a 2.0 migration I did.  If
you're using something other than flat files for subscription, you'll
need to use the database conversion utility to convert them.  Also, a
lot of paths are assumed, so if you're using directory hashing (or full
dir hashing) you might have to make adjustments.  I hope you know a
little Perl :) I've only used these scripts once and wrote them in less
than an hour when I discovered I wasn't going to be able to use the Tcl
scripts, so YMMV.

You might find the mailutil a little easier, although I've never used
it, so I can't say.

> By the way thanks for all the help with tcl, I now have the required
> pieces installed.  Now if only those darn scripts worked from the
> book.

Unfortunately, the book is way out of date, although the steps for
migration are correct.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc