[PLUG] skipping spamd for unknown users - solved - reject vs. drop invalid user

Michael Rasmussen mikeraz at patch.com
Thu Aug 26 18:49:01 UTC 2004

On Thu, Aug 26, 2004 at 10:36:28AM -0700, Wil Cooley wrote:
> Maybe you need a new DSL provider?  I haven't had a single outage in +3
> years due to DSL.  (Usually it's due to a power flicker and the stupid
> Compaq Deskpro I have for power not having a keyboard plugged-in...)

I was with Qwest to begin with - one of the first two dozen installs in
Portland.  Now I'm with SpeakEasy.net  The only complaints I have about
SpeakEasy are:

  * if the phone service drops the DSL modem doesn't reconnect
  * the DSL modem is a black box with no access for management

Other than that they're great, especially their "we encourage Wifi
sharing" attitude toward customers.  They provide connectivity and
bandwidth, I make use of it.

--
    Michael Rasmussen, Portland Oregon
  Be appropriate && Follow your curiosity