[PLUG] skipping spamd for unknown users - solved - reject vs. drop invalid user

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Aug 26 20:49:02 UTC 2004

WC> Maybe you need a new DSL provider?  I haven't had a single outage
WC> in +3 years due to DSL.  (Usually it's due to a power flicker and
WC> the stupid Compaq Deskpro I have for power not having a keyboard
WC> plugged-in...)

AthlonRob> Unfortunately, you're the exception, not the rule.  :-(

I'm another exception then.  I've had DSL since it was first offered
in Portland, and although I remember some outages in the early days, I
haven't had a single outage (that I am aware of[1]) for the last couple
years or so.  At least long enough ago that I can't remember it with
any specificity.

[1] it is possible there have been outages overnight[2], but if so
    they've recovered on their own, no need for power cycling.

[2] for loose definitions of "overnight" having to do with my
    sleepage, rather than relative lightness or darkness.

seniorr at aracnet.com