[PLUG] USB to Ethernet adapter

Michael H. Collins mike at linuxlink.com
Fri Aug 27 19:25:05 UTC 2004

Roderick A. Anderson wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Aug 2004, Michael H. Collins wrote:
>

>>been using them for years.  Mine use the pegusas module.
>

> The one I have in my haot litttle hand uses a rtl8150 module which I
> found even with an older version of the kernel.
>
> Do I need to do any special magic to make it work?  Plug-n-pray or should
> I plug and then boot the system, since it is a basically onetime use?
>

> Rod
Should be abe to plug it in while running even and it just comes up.
give it an ip or let dhcpcd do it.

--
Michael H. Collins  Admiral, Penguinista Navy

http://linuxlink.com

/"\    	ASCII Ribbon Campaign
\ /    	No HTML/RTF in email
  x     	No Word docs in email
/ \    	Respect for open standards

"If you are going through hell, keep going."
  - Sir Winston Churchill (1874-1965)