[PLUG] Monitoring HD traffic(?)

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Aug 30 10:56:02 UTC 2004

I'm looking for away to see how hard a drive/partition is being
'exercised'.  Looking at smartmontools I don't see whet I'm looking for
mentiond.
   We're using a low-end box as a mail spool and want to determine if the
drive is getting overloaded. Since we knocked this together as a test the
system is using IDE drives.  So I'm looking for a method/command to look
at the traffic to and from the drive.

Or if I'm all confused with the terminology point me in the correct
direction.

Rod