[PLUG] Monitoring HD traffic(?)

Roderick A. Anderson raanders at acm.org
Mon Aug 30 11:19:02 UTC 2004

On Mon, 30 Aug 2004, Wil Cooley wrote:

> 'iostat' and for long-term data, sar.  Usually part of the 'sysstat'
> package.  The first question, of course, is whether it's actually
> causing problems or if you're just worried.

Thanks Wil,

I'm not too worried but the Tech Manager is.  I just need to ammunition to
point fingers at the 'actual' mailserver (Win2K) behind the the spool and
the amount of virus it is having to scan.  Plus about half the incoming
mail is not using the primary MX record for whatever reason (spammer
trick, primary busy, etc.)

I know -- of -- iostat but never had a reason to use it.  My servers are
SCSI and the workstations etal. might be IDE.

Thansk for the reminder.

Rod