[PLUG] having trouble compiling gtkam on Mandrake 10.0

hilsy at hilsy.com hilsy at hilsy.com
Thu Dec 2 04:38:10 UTC 2004

I've already successfuly compiled both gphoto2 and libgphoto2 using the following command:
./compile --prefix=/usr/local

When I try to compile gtkam, it eventual dumps me out saying:
"checking for gtk+-2.0 libgphoto2 >= 2.1.4... Package gtk+-2.0 was not found in the pkg-config search path.
Perhaps you should add the directory containing `gtk+-2.0.pc'
No package 'gtk+-2.0' found

configure: error: Library requirements (gtk+-2.0 libgphoto2 >= 2.1.4) not met; consider adjusting the PKG_CONFIG_PATH environment variable if your libraries are in a nonstandard prefix so pkg-config can find them."

I can't seem to find 'gtk+-2.0.pc' anywhere.

Any ideas?

Jim Hilsenteger