[PLUG] Multiple DVD writing

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sat Dec 4 02:00:13 UTC 2004

> Does anyone know of software that will allow the simultaneous writing to
> multiple DVD burners?
>
> Ideally, there would be one player, a hard disk and 3-10 writers (8x
> speed), so that I could make up to 10 copies at once. Copies could be made
> from the player or hard drive. Hopefully using only off the shelf PC
> hardware.

You'd need additional IDE controllers (not too expensive)... but I'm not
sure if the PCI bus would be able to handle all that.  You might have to
go the 64-bit PCI route to move that much data.

I'm not sure it will be a problem, but I could see it causing issues...
especially with that much data being moved.

Rob