[PLUG] QUick Reccomendation

Kris krisa at subtend.net
Sun Dec 5 08:19:43 UTC 2004

On Sat, Dec 04, 2004 at 12:20:45PM -0800, Rich Burroughs wrote:
> Piet van Weel wrote:
>
> >Personally I still prefer the resource hogging Enlightenment, but everybody
> >else seems content with a one size fits all KDE or GNOME setup.
>
> Well, I doubt I'm going to stick with the default setup :) I'm actually
> not a big fan of KDE or GNOME, but I think they are good choices for the
> average end user. I hear you about updates breaking things, though.
>
> I think my favorite window manager is still Window Maker. Very clean and
> fast.

I was a GNUstep/WMaker user for 5 years until recently, I wanted
to start using KDE just to get familiar with what non-savvy users
see the linux desktop as.

One major beef with WMaker is it doesn't seem to be developed
anymore, and I had one irritating bug where if you set an app for
omnipresence, it would take 100% of the CPU.  This bug seemed to be
unresolved for years.

<checks website>

Damn.

"After years without a release, we are glad to announce that Window
 Maker 0.90.0 is out!" - posted on 2004-10-23 00:24:07 by kojima

Looks like the might have fixed this bug right after I switched. :)

--
I'm just a packet pusher.