[PLUG] Debian Guide

Rogan Creswick creswick at gmail.com
Mon Dec 6 06:30:57 UTC 2004

On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 22:12:38 -0800, Len Icks <redhat at crisponions.com> wrote:
> I am looking for a basic workstation, running kde and a few gnome apps.
> I guess I was under the impression that you needed X to run kde. Maybe
> debian isn't the way to go for me; but I have heard many good things
> about it so I thought I'd give it a try.  I will be using the
> workstation for daily tasks; EG. Playing video, mp3s, games,
> web-browsing etc. - All the fun stuff :-)

You'll probably want one of these apt-source lines to get mplayer then:

deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ stable main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ testing main
deb ftp://ftp.nerim.net/debian-marillat/ unstable main

(found on apt-get.org)
http://www1.apt-get.org/search.php?query=mplayer&submit=&arch%5B%5D=i386&arch%5B%5D=all

-Rogan