[PLUG] Fedora Core 3

Harry Howard techmage at aracnet.com
Tue Dec 7 21:56:08 UTC 2004

Paul Heinlein wrote:

> On Tue, 7 Dec 2004 techmage at aracnet.com wrote:
>

> Run /sbin/ifconfig and see if you've got a ppp interface with what
> appears to be a valid Internet address.
>

> Ugh. There are too many if-then clauses in the troubleshooting steps...
>
> --Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>

Okay, I got this fixed by ifdown my nic and then dialing in, this
allowed me to setup/get email and browse. Now the question is, what
needs a fix so I can leave my nic up and dial in?

And yes, there are WAY to many if-then-else runs in troubleshooting.
This is why only the insane and demented or extremely brave do Tech Support.

Harry