[PLUG] USB Linux?

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Wed Dec 8 20:38:29 UTC 2004

On Tue, 2004-12-07 at 18:47 -0800, Aaron wrote:
> I''ve had a pretty experience with DSL as a bootable CD. I know that its
> USB pendrive booting is fairly documented .  Supposedly feather linux
> works pretty well also but it seems like its less developed than DSL.
> featherlinux.berlios.de

I've spent a good portion of the 24 hours researching these things...

It turns out I made an incorrect assumption.  I assumed most of these
LiveCDs would be full of useful utilities to work on a system that
wouldn't otherwise boot.  Strangely enough, they're almost *all*
targetting traditional Desktop users as a full Desktop Distro On The Go.

Most of them don't even have simple things like nmap or clamav or
chkrootkit.

So... I'm going to work on porting INSERT over to USB key.  I've run in
to some strange problems.  Unfortunately, due to the nature of booting
from USB keys, I'm not sure if these problems are related to my USB key,
to my motherboard, or to the software/configuration I'm using.  :-\

--
Rob                                |  If not safe,
   Jabber: athlonrob at axpr.net   |    one can never be free.