[PLUG] PLUG Advanced Topics meeting - December 17th 2004

Eric Harrison eharrison at mail.mesd.k12.or.us
Fri Dec 10 06:46:22 UTC 2004

On Thu, 9 Dec 2004, Russell Senior wrote:

> Actually, it is the third Wednesday, which this month is the 15th.
>
> We have so many fewer problems like this if we all just agree to adopt
> the French Revolutionary Calendar that had three 10 day weeks per
> month, with extra non-month days tacked on the end near the vernal
> equinox to pad things out.
>
> Just to clarify, this month's talk will be given on:
>
>  25 Frimaire an 213 de la Révolution

I am personally trying to wean myself from the French Revolutionary
Calendar. The whole "extra non-month days" thing has always felt like
a kludge to me.

Now that we're starting to move to 64 bits, I think that UNIX epoch
time is a much better solution in the long-run.

So just to further clarify, this month's talk will be give at:

 	1103166000

-Eric

--
I just couldn't resist the urge.