[PLUG] LogiTech Mouse

Charles Sliger chaz at bctonline.com
Fri Dec 10 21:07:58 UTC 2004

I'm getting strange behavior from a Logitech mouse I just purchased and
installed.

mouse  -->  KVM Switch  -->  systems

Win-XP  -  mouse works ok

RedHat-9  -  mouse works ok after bootup, but not after switching to another
system and then switching back.

strange behavior:

the pointer jumps erratically around the screen and is only fleetingly
visible, usually when it activates a screen.

tried several mouse selections (both logitech and generic) using
redhat-config-mouse.  got the same results on all.

switched out the logitech for a mouse that came with an e-machines system
and problems went away.

If I can't get the Logitech to work, I'll have to replace it.  Not sure what
to get.

Please advise.

-chaz

Charles L. Sliger