[PLUG] Note keeping

Keith Nasman keith at ahapala.net
Fri Dec 10 22:16:33 UTC 2004

D. Cooper Stevenson wrote:
> On Fri, 2004-12-10 at 10:15, Keith Nasman wrote:
>

>>I've had varied success using text files to keep my notes in. I'm
>>wondering if a better solution couldn't be implemented. I could write a
>>LAMP solution or I could use a wiki or a notes app.
>

> CRM Software may be what you're after:
>
>   Sugar CRM
>   XRMS
>
> There are others. Once you've setup your contacts (may be imported from
> SQL or comma delimited file), you may quickly add activities that are
> aligned with each respective contact.
>
> I think one of the nicest things about CRM software is that you can
> easily see the activities for a particular contact listed simply by
> selecting it. This means that you can tell at a glance progress with a
> particular client.
>
> We find CRM a great tool for making sure we stay on top of client
> requests and projects.
>
> Of course, these applications are web based have the capability for
> exporting their data in standard formats.
>

> -Coop

Coop,

Those would be good choices if I was making notes for clients or people.
I'm thinking more about notes for myself. I tend to find myself looking
into a certain software project, and then having to drop it for a period
of time. When I come back to it I have to re-learn some of what I
learned before. Up until now I've tried to keep text file notes on these
projects but it seems cumbersome.

Keith