[PLUG] getting Mozilla to open text/* in a window

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Mon Dec 13 10:46:16 UTC 2004

When I click on some random text/* file (e.g. "foo.java is of type
text/x-java") with Mozilla, I want it to open as text in a mozilla
window.  Instead I get a message that says "Mozilla does not know how
to handle this file type" and the popup window lets me point an
external application at it, but I don't *want* to point an external
application at it, I want mozilla to display it.  It "works" for
text/plain files (*.txt).  How to I convince Mozilla that it should do
such a thing for other text/foo types?  I have thrashed around on
Google thus far without success.

seniorr at aracnet.com