[PLUG] Mpeg video editing software.

Russ Johnson russj at dimstar.net
Mon Dec 13 16:57:30 UTC 2004

I'm embarking on a new project. I have two ReplayTVs with network
connectivity. Though DVArchive, I can easily connect to these DVRs, and
download the mpegs from the replay to my linux/windows PC. (Also runs on
Mac... don't have that...)

What I'm looking for is something that will allow me to easily edit the
mpeg, once it's on my pc. I've looked at Kino, cinelerra, and a couple
others. Most of the sites I find on the net are Windows centric.

Does anyone else do this? What do you use?

I'm mostly looking for something I can load up the file in, and then cut
and/or paste sections of the file. The file could be 1.9 gigs (one hour
show) up to 5.2 gigs (2.5 hour show) to start. Ability to visually see
what I'm doing (GUI) is a plus... It's darn hard to find sections of
video to cut in text mode... :)

Thanks!

Russ