[PLUG] Carla Schroder's new book is GREAT

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 16 14:18:09 UTC 2004

On Wed, 15 Dec 2004, Keith Lofstrom wrote:

> Just received a copy of the new "Linux Cookbook" by PLUG's Carla Schroder.
> About 350 little recipes for doing misc useful things on a Linux system.
> Okay, so I already know some of them, lots of recipes I don't know.  Setup
> oriented rather than debug oriented.
> $45 list, the cheapest online retailer is ... Walmart(?!) for $29.78
> incl. ground shipping.

Keith,

   Taking nothing away from Carla's well-deserved rush of pride (mine's still
a few months away), there's another "Linux Cookbook" out there. Written by
Michael Stutz and published by No-Starch Press, it also pops up in a google
search for the title. Gotta' be more selective in search terms.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)