[PLUG] Carla Schroder's new book is GREAT

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Dec 16 14:59:45 UTC 2004

Rich Shepard <rshepard at appl-ecosys.com> writes:
>    Taking nothing away from Carla's well-deserved rush of pride (mine's still
> a few months away), there's another "Linux Cookbook" out there. Written by
> Michael Stutz and published by No-Starch Press, it also pops up in a google
> search for the title. Gotta' be more selective in search terms.

And both are published by O'Reilly (No-Starch is owned by O'Reilly).
Perhaps this is the start of a trend - next year, O'Reilly may have dozens
of Linux Cookbooks, the year after that, thousands.  To help all these
Linux Cookbook authors, I propose writing the "Linux Cookbook Cookbook".
Of course, I will focus on using GNU/Linux tools to write these books,
so that will make it the "GNU/Linux Linux Cookbook Cookbook".  Urk...  :-)

One of the better places to look for books, BTW, is www.addall.com .  This
is a meta-search-engine for purchasing books online, with approximate
prices including shipping.

Keith