[PLUG] Addall vs O'Reilly User Group discount

Keith Lofstrom keithl at kl-ic.com
Thu Dec 16 16:44:03 UTC 2004

On Thu, Dec 16, 2004 at 09:23:34AM -0800, Wil Cooley wrote:
> Better than buying directly from O'Reilly with a User Group discount?

Yes.  For Carla's book, the O'R UG discount is 20%, while the Walmart
and Amazon discount is 40%, and the shipping is cheaper.  The discount
differs depending on the item, of course.  Addall also checks for
remaindered and used copies;  I have bought recent books for 5% of new,
the cost dominated by normal shipping charges.

The addall project seems to be very much the same spirit as FOSS, except
applied to shopping for books and other media.  I think they even use a
Linux server.

Keith