[PLUG] Carla's Not the only Published Writer on the List

Geoff Burling llywrch at agora.rdrop.com
Sat Dec 18 06:22:40 UTC 2004

Keith Lostrom's comment about Carla's new book is a bit ironic, considering
that in the copy of SysAdmin that arrived at my house today, he has an
article about dirvish, which covers some of the ground of the talk he gave
to PLUG back in March of this year.

He also recounts how he came to be the maintainer of dirvish -- which
could have been come into his hands in a much gentler way for all involved.
(For example, the original author did not bother with commenting his
code, a task Keith is now undertaking.)

But unlike Carla, I doubt he'll tell us to buy multiple copies of the
January 2005 issue: made the same amount of money from this article whether
SysAdmin sells 10,000 copies or 10.

Geoff