[PLUG] Printer Suggestions

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Fri Dec 24 21:03:48 UTC 2004

On Fri, 24 Dec 2004, Carla Schroder wrote:

> When you buy replacement laser toner, get the Staples brand. They cost
> less and contain more toner, and you can choose either new or refurbished.
> They work great, you don't have to worry about quality.

   I will highly recommend replacement toner and inkjet cartridges from
Cartridge World in SE Portland. They use quality parts, completely fill the
toner cartridge and often will deliver in the local area. All for a _very_
reasonable cost.

   My former toner cartricge rebuilder went out of business. I bought two
cartridges from someone else. Both were faulty (schmutz along the edges of
the paper; a grey band the width of the text. When I took out the "new"
refill and used the one from Cartridge World the problems disappeared. And,
it's a locally-owned franchise so we get very good service.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)