Resolved, sort of: [PLUG] Network is unreachable

Richard C. Steffens rsteff.l at comcast.net
Sun Dec 26 21:30:11 UTC 2004

On Sunday 26 December 2004 8:27 am, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Dec 2004, Richard Steffens wrote:
> > So, while I'm back on the air, I'm not really sure if adding the default
> > gateway had anything to do with it, or if the network restart was somehow
> > different coming from YaST.
>
>    Yup, it was the lack of a default gateway. I forgot to add that check to
> my original message.

Why I say, "sort of," is that as far as I know, yesterday was the first time a
default gateway was ever entered for the machine. Why it worked up until the
other day, I can't explain.

> Now you can have a happy holiday, eh?

Continue to, yes. Thanks. I didn't let a little thing like being out of
communication from just one machine cause me any grief. :-)

--
Regards,

Dick Steffens
http://home.comcast.net/~rsteff/