[PLUG] Scanning Service Desired

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Tue Dec 28 23:26:20 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004, Keith Nasman wrote:

> Here's a thought. How about taking that picture and tweaking it in gimp?
> I'm sure you have enough contrast and resolution to get to where you want
> to go.

Keith,

   I tried. There is such variation in the background color that I cannot
select it all at once. When I try using the rectangular selector I cannot
then change the background color. This is all in gimp-2.2.0.

   I'm sure that those more experienced with the GIMP can do it, but I gave
up after a half-hour. Perhaps I should zoom way in and do it pixel-by-pixel.

Thanks,

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)