[PLUG] Re: Scanning Service Desired

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Tue Dec 28 23:30:42 UTC 2004

On Tue, 28 Dec 2004 15:26:20 -0800, Rich Shepard wrote:

>    I'm sure that those more experienced with the GIMP can do it, but I
>    gave
> up after a half-hour. Perhaps I should zoom way in and do it
> pixel-by-pixel.

Try the "posterize" function in GIMP--it basically takes an image and
flattens the color into a more limited number of colors, which, after
converting to black and white, should render it easier to work with.

I made the NAC logo using a similar technique from the original:

http://nakedape.cc/images/wcooley/wcooley_white-bg-1.jpg

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *

"Sufficiently advanced cluelessness is indistinguishable from malice."
 -- Alex Martelli