[PLUG] Debian installation

Robert Kopp iconoklastic at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 29 03:49:37 UTC 2004

I never could have imagined what would happen when I
installed Debian--by FTP, in this case. After the
download completed, the installer began asking some
questions to finish up the installation, as I
expected. I got to monitor detection, and unwisely
assumed that it would be detected; but instead, the
system locked up. I rebooted, expecting that the
system would come up in text mode and I would have to
continue from there.

This, however, is NOT what happened. The installation
resumed, and started downloading packages again!
Ridiculous! Packages that were already installed! I
pressed the power switch, and rebooted into Windows.

Does anyone know how to solve this problem--that is,
to get out of the package installation and continue
with the final configuration? If not, I may conclude
that Debian isn't worth a try.

=====
Robert "Tim" Kopp
http://analytic.tripod.com/