[PLUG] Small distribution

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 1 19:54:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Paul Johnson wrote:

> Debian's pretty handy in that spot...the base install is *tiny*, build
> from there.

  In Doc Searle's article on DIY-IT in the latest Linux Journal he notes
that while Red Hat and SuSE are reported in the press by their sales
figures, debian is found in many IT shops, too. Because there are no sales
figures for debian it's not reported with the others.

  All in all, who cares what distribution is used? I certainly don't. It
works (until I screw up), it's solid and reliable and the price can't be
beat.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>