[PLUG] Small distribution

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Sun Feb 1 20:27:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004, Aaron wrote:

> Can anyone recommend a small distribution of unix to run on a really
> old laptop (120 mghz 24 mg of ram 1 gig hard drive).  Thanks!

A great starting point is the Linux Weekly News Distributions page:

  http://lwn.net/Distributions/

There are two subcategories on that page that might be of interest to
you: small disk, and older Intel hardware.

I'd also second the suggestion for Debian. You can get a basic
installation pretty small.

Finally, I know that a group had been working on a single-CD
Fedora-based distro, but I can't remember the project name.

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>