[PLUG] Small distribution

J Black plug201 at jblack.org
Wed Feb 4 08:35:03 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-01 at 20:25, Paul Heinlein wrote:
> Finally, I know that a group had been working on a single-CD
> Fedora-based distro, but I can't remember the project name.

Here are two single-CD distributions:
Peanut Linux, which is Red Hat/RPM-based
Lorma Linux, which is Fedora/RPM based.

I'm not recommending either of these for a 24-MB system since they are
both "full featured".  Peanut still fits in 1 GB I think.  I use Lorma
Linux 4.0 on my 400 MHz 96MB laptop; it comes with KDE, Mozilla,
OpenOffice.org, Evolution, development tools, etc., which are sure to
push your install past 1 GB.  The install procedure lets you choose
which components you want to install, though.

- Jesse