[PLUG] using YUM to install src rpms

Ian Burrell ian at znark.com
Wed Feb 4 18:32:02 UTC 2004

Josh Orchard wrote:

> I have built a new fedora 1 machine with SW RAID 5 and I'm quite happy
> with the install process.  It was a very nice experience.
>
> Now I need to install the src packages for httpd as I need to
> recompile suexec to point to a different doc-base.  I would like to
> you YUM as I have grown to like it.
>
> How do you tell YUM to go get the src SRPMS?
>
> I added the path to them in the /etc/yum.conf file but it still tells
> me that src file doesn't exist when I can actually see it.

yum doesn't support downloading sources.  Adding the source directory to
the yum.conf won't do any good because the list of source packages is
stored in a different place.  yum currently doesn't make any use of the
list of source packages.  I know people are working on adding the feature.

  - Ian

ian at znark.com
http://www.znark.com/