[PLUG] alias users

Josh Orchard josh at emediatedesigns.com
Fri Feb 6 04:47:02 UTC 2004

> If you're only doing this for email, you can just add an alias in the
> aliases file.
>
> What's the goal? If it's just normalizing email and you're using POP
> or
> IMAP, create an alias.
>
> --Kurt

The goal is to have the virtual domains to have the same user login
sub part so that I can use VirtualMin and allow the Admin of the
virtual domains to control their domain.  This requires that the OS
users to have a user name of:

josh.mydomain.com

It sounds like Will pretty much explained to me that I would need LDAP
setup doing all my account info.  Which I think in the end I will have
MySQL with VirtualMin doing some but it only uses MySQL for other
settings not users.  That is still down at the normal user level and
hence the OS name standard.

Thanks.  I guess I'll just move the users over per domain with some
arrangement.  It isn't that many just was trying to find an easy no
hassle move option.

Josh