[PLUG] 2.6 kernel woes

Andrew Munkres amunk at pdx.edu
Fri Feb 6 19:56:02 UTC 2004

Jeme A Brelin writes:
[snip]
 > Right... that's more like it.
 >
 > crw-------    1 root     root      10,   1 Mar 14  2002 /dev/psaux
 >

 > Anyway, I'm not even sure that's where the kernel wants to put my mouse.
 >
 > What's this bit I quoted earlier:
 >
 > input: ImPS/2 Generic Wheel Mouse on isa0060/serio1
 >
 > Seems like the input device abstraction has gone a bit further... should
 > my mouse be in /dev/input?  But it's not /dev/input/mouse0...

This is from drivers/input/Kconfig:
-/\/-
config INPUT_MOUSEDEV
        tristate "Mouse interface" if EMBEDDED
        default y
        depends on INPUT
        ---help---
          Say Y here if you want your mouse to be accessible as char devices
          13:32+ - /dev/input/mouseX and 13:63 - /dev/input/mice as an
          emulated IntelliMouse Explorer PS/2 mouse. That way, all user space
          programs (includung SVGAlib, GPM and X) will be able to use your
          mouse.

          If unsure, say Y.

          To compile this driver as a module, choose M here: the
          module will be called mousedev.

config INPUT_MOUSEDEV_PSAUX
        bool "Provide legacy /dev/psaux device" if EMBEDDED
        default y
        depends on INPUT_MOUSEDEV
-\/\-
Maybe mousedev was built as a module and it didn't get loaded?