[PLUG] ISA bus and network card

Evan Heidtmann clydefrog at adnap.no-ip.com
Sat Feb 7 11:42:01 UTC 2004

I just got my hands on an old machine with an ISA NIC and modem. I don't
care about the modem, but I really would like the NIC to work.

It appears to me that neither of my install mediums (gentoo basic livecd
or debian boot-floppies) include support for the ISA bus. However, I
don't know for sure. lspci says there's an ISA bridge, but doesn't show
any information about anything on the bridge. The card itself does light
up when I stick a cable in it, so it would appear that the hardware
isn't a problem.

How can I (1) determine if my kernel supports ISA, (2) make it support
ISA, and (3) get my NIC to work?

Thanks,
Evan