[PLUG] ISA bus and network card

Chris Jantzen chris at maybe.net
Sat Feb 7 12:37:01 UTC 2004

On Sat, Feb 07, 2004 at 11:44:52AM -0800, Evan Heidtmann wrote:
> However, I
> don't know for sure. lspci says there's an ISA bridge, but doesn't show
> any information about anything on the bridge.

That's not generally possible. If it happens to be PnP (and not many
network cards that I know of were), you can use isapnptools and the
pnpdump program to figure more out, but all PCI will tell you is that
there is a bridge, not what's behind it.

> How can I (1) determine if my kernel supports ISA, (2) make it support
> ISA, and (3) get my NIC to work?

It's highly doubtful they left out ISA. Extremely doubtful. To get
your NIC to work, you need to figure out what chipset it uses. Look
for distinguishing features and/or chips on the card and ask us or
Google.

--
chris kb7rnl =->