[PLUG] Jump Drive, USB

Bill Spears bspears at easystreet.com
Mon Feb 9 13:26:02 UTC 2004

I got a Jump Drive(USB) for Christmas and just got around to trying it.
It  mounts fine as vfat, I can write to it and so on.
But:
   1.  This is a general question about file systems and mounting them.
The mount point ../usbdev is owned by me.  But when I mount the
device/file system, /dev/sda1, it becomes owned by root.  Since the
underlying file system is vfat, I  can understand why all dirs and files
on the device are owned by  root, but why does it  change  the mount
point?

   2.  Can these USB devices be changed to ext2?

   3.  Can they be partitioned?
--
Bill Spears <bspears at easystreet.com>