[PLUG] multi-write to CD-R

gepr at tempusdictum.com gepr at tempusdictum.com
Wed Feb 11 08:50:03 UTC 2004

plug.9.faster at spamgourmet.com writes:
 > gepr at tempusdictum.com (gepr at tempusdictum.com) typed this ...
 > >  > Also- xcdroast strongly suggests that I install the burner in SCSI mode,
 > >  > is that important to anything else?
 > >
 > > I'm ignorant on the implications of this; but, it works fine for me
 > > and hasn't damaged anything else.
 >
 > IDE burners aren't recognized by any Linux CD-burning software that I
 > know of. You have to use the ide-scsi module to add a SCSI layer on your
 > IDE device. Look at the Linux CD-burning HOWTO for more info.

XCDRoast seemed to recognize mine; but, warned me that it would be
slow and probably fail.

Also, I noticed that multi-session burning didn't work in gcombust even
though it has the little radio button for it.

I also have a pretty screwed up, old, cd burner, that barfs everytime
I try to use DAO, which xcdroast requires for multi-session burns...
though it's not clear that cdrecord requires it.

--
glen e. p. ropella              =><=                           Hail Eris!
H: 503.630.4505                              http://www.ropella.net/~gepr