[PLUG] cdrecord commands-how does this look?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Feb 12 11:14:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike De La Mater <mikedela at theplatinumrule.com> writes:

Mike> On Thu, 2004-02-12 at 10:34, Rich Shepard wrote:
>> You can make these all one option, '-vvv'.

Mike> Easy enough, I guessed, but wasn't willing to make a coaster
Mike> just to see.
>>  This is one way of calling them from scripts: cdrecord -v speed=8
>> dev=1,0,0 -eject $*

Mike> What's the $* for? it looks like the file name spec.

Mike> I'm having a hard time mounting the drive after burning it,
Mike> iso9660 returns as an invalid file system, any clues (even after
Mike> I have it fix the drive after burning)

Mike> cdrecord -vvvv dev=0,1,0 -multi /home/mydocuments/*.zip

The files you a giving aren't iso's, maybe?  If you want to make an
iso9660 CDR, you'll have to run mkisofs somewhere in there.  See the
examples section of the cdrecord manpage.  Something like:

 # mkisofs -R /home/mydocuments/*.zip | cdrecord ... dev=0,1,0 -

seniorr at aracnet.com