[PLUG] cdrecord commands-how does this look?

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Thu Feb 12 13:14:01 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Mike" == Mike De La Mater <mikedela at theplatinumrule.com> writes:

Mike> You and Russell have it right. I can make an iso first, then
Mike> burn that.  I want the files on the CD to be uniquely named./
Mike> Does the name of the iso matter once it's burned?

Mike> I'll play with that.

Mike> I've tried # mkisofs -R /home/mydocuments/*.zip | cdrecord

Mike> But there seems to be a need for the mkisofs to have a name, not
Mike> just a pipe. Does that look like an accurate observation?

The hyphen in the cdrecord portion, e.g.:

   mkisofs foo | cdrecord dev=bar -

means "use standard input" instead of a named file.  Many unix
commands use that convention.

Again, see the examples in the cdrecord manpage.

seniorr at aracnet.com