[PLUG] using dd

Vincent Yau v_yau3 at hotmail.com
Fri Feb 13 09:56:01 UTC 2004

Dear All:

I have a bunch of VCD format movies in CD that I want to dd out
to my harddrive as iso.

So I did this:

   mount /dev/cdrom
  dd if=/dev/cdrom of=/usr/local/cdfile.iso

The iso file created:

    -rw-r--r--    1 root     root       450560 Feb 13 09:39
/usr/local/cdfile.iso

I know my movie is bigger than that.  Not sure why it is only such a small
file.
Did I do something wrong or other there other dd options I need to provide?

Just for testing, I used cdrecord to burn the iso back to a CD-R.  The
medium could not be recognized by any CD-drive....

Any tips much appreciated.

--Vincent