[PLUG] Willamette Week letter

Paul Mulen pem at nellump.net
Fri Feb 13 13:09:11 UTC 2004

On Thu, Feb 12, 2004 at 09:22:10PM -0800, Galen Seitz wrote:

> There is a letter in this week's edition of Willamette Week which is
> critical of Linux, and very much needing a response.  I am wrapped

It's not so much that it's critical of Linux and Free software, but
that the entire content of the letter is classic Microsoft F.U.D., and
it reeks of a shill. The author's laughable assertions that security
issues are a thing of the past with Windows is the first dead giveaway.
I smell an astroturf campaign afoot. That being said, I have better ways
to spend my time than taking such bait. I'd rather teach by example, and
help another friend make the switch from Windows to Linux.

Paul