[PLUG] Willamette Week letter

Paul Heinlein heinlein at madboa.com
Sat Feb 14 14:10:04 UTC 2004

On Sat, 14 Feb 2004, AthlonRob wrote:

> In such matters, it always seems childish to me when you start
> debating the individuals making arguments rather than the arguments
> themselves.  Even if he started it first.

This is *so* true.

I will add, however, that Mr. Schieberl's own argumentation invites a
certain level of biographic investigation:

  I'm the biggest geek I know, and I don't have to waste time
  configuring my system from a command line to prove it.

As others have made clear, his social circle isn't terribly large if
he's the "biggest geek" he knows (unless, perhaps, "biggest" refers to
physical size, but I doubt that :-).

-- Paul Heinlein <heinlein at madboa.com>