[PLUG] Personal Documentation

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Sun Feb 15 10:49:01 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 10:06, Bill Spears wrote:

> So I was wondering, what kind of solutions have you come up with?
> Anybody have their own man pages, info pages, html, doc book, spiral
> notebookes (my choice), whatever?  Let's talk.

I use google.  When I need to do something at the command line, I google
for it... what I'm looking for is an example of somebody doing something
similar to what I'm trying to do... so I can extrapolate it to what I am
doing.  When man pages have good examples, I never get past them.  Yeah,
man pages can get ugly, and I agree when you're trying to figure out how
to do something without knowing the program already, man pages feel very
complex.

Usually, somebody has posted on use-net or the web how to do something
close to what I'm trying to do, though, so I just use their example to
get a basic grasp on the program's arguments and run with it, with aid
from the man pages.  :-)

Rob