[PLUG] Personal Documentation

Russell Senior seniorr at aracnet.com
Sun Feb 15 10:51:02 UTC 2004

>>>>> "Bill" == Bill Spears <bspears at easystreet.com> writes:

Bill> So I was wondering, what kind of solutions have you come up
Bill> with?  Anybody have their own man pages, info pages, html, doc
Bill> book, spiral notebookes (my choice), whatever?  Let's talk.

You left out two important ones: howto's and google.

Instead of spiral notebooks, which I use only for very short term
notes (because I'll never find them again), I have a logbook mode set
up in Emacs, which date-stamps an entry in a date-named file.  M-x
add-logbook-entry, is what I call it (I hacked 159 lines of
add-log.el).  Then I type whatever notes I have in there, about what I
ultimately figured out that works.  Then, when I want to find it
again, I just grep the logbook directory.

seniorr at aracnet.com