[PLUG] Personal Documentation

Darkhorse plug_0 at robinson-west.com
Sun Feb 15 14:32:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 2004-02-15 at 14:13, Jeme A Brelin wrote:

> On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Russell Evans wrote:
> > I hate being a dinosaur.
>
> So stop being one.
>
> I remember once, years ago, when I doing techincal support, I was speaking
> with an elderly woman with very little computer experience and she said,
> "Please be patient with me, they didn't have this stuff in my day."
>
> I was FURIOUS.  What does that mean, "in her day"?  She's still ALIVE!
> There's no reason to ossify or fossilize or whatever.  Just keep alert and
> alive and learning.
>
> Life is a process.  When you stop growing, you stop living.

That would be about 21 or so for most people physically...  Mental
growth isn't the only type of growth either where the brain breaks
down in old age and holds onto only what it can and what is
most important. Humility is needed for tech support work.

Fear of old age is fear of God or what?  Then again, why be afraid
if there are some 90 year olds that are sharp as tacks smart.
The world's at an end, I'm 22!  Oh wait, that's not true!

Society needs technology professionals who focus on bringing
people up to speed over pumping up their egos with
questionable knowledge gains, not that that isn't fun ;-)