[PLUG] Personal Documentation

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Feb 15 15:50:07 UTC 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004, Bill Spears wrote:

>   b) I'm interested in understanding Linux/Unix better.  So when LC_ALL
> came up, it turned out that there was a _whole_ bunch of stuff, i18n, etc.
> about locales, sorting, that I knew nothing about.

Bill,

  I just sent to a friend of mine a great book that provides the best
overview of linux I've read, "Linux A-Z". Another book that I found _very_
helpful is Marcel Gagne's, "Linux System Administration". I had read other
linux/UNIX sysadmin books but his writing style and topic selection has been
of great use to me.

  One possibility is to go down to Powell's Technical Books and look over
the distribution-agnostic, general linux SysAdmin books. You'll find the one
you like the best and makes the most sense to you.

Dr. Richard B. Shepard, President
Applied Ecosystem Services, Inc. (TM)
<http://www.appl-ecosys.com>