[PLUG] POTS and Data on same T1?

Russell Evans russell-evans at qwest.net
Sun Feb 15 18:01:02 UTC 2004

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 16:21:15 -0800
"Don Buchholz" <buchholz at easystreet.com> wrote:

> (2) What has been generally conceded as the largest problem is
>      economics.  When provisioning systems, and creating business
>      models, telco company analysts were pretty much stuck in the
>      "user picks up phone, dials, converses, and hangs up" world.

telco company analysts are pretty much stuck in the  "user picks
up phone, dials 911 , converses, and hangs up" and help arrives.

It is a pretty neat trick, that. My sister burnt out part of her brain
because we were in a region of the world where this wasn't available.
You might think about your children if you have some, or your parents if
you're older. My mother's aunt fell over Christmas and broke her hip.
She had to crawl into the kitchen to get to her phone. The one in the
living room was a cordless and she couldn't get to it. Took her a couple
of hours. Can you imagine a 94 year old woman with a broken bone making
that trip. I hope I'm that tough when I'm that old, well if I get that
old.

Thank you
Russell