[PLUG] rpm uses LD_LIBRARY_PATH?

Don Buchholz buchholz at easystreet.com
Mon Feb 16 03:36:02 UTC 2004

Chris Jantzen wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 15, 2004 at 09:58:49PM -0800, Terry Griffin wrote:
>
>>>Does RPM even looks at LD_LIBRARY_PATH for shared object libraries?
>>>If not, is there another env variable I need to define?
>>>

>>I doubt very much that rpm would look at LD_LIBRARY_PATH.
 >>

> ld-linux.so actually looks at LD_LIBRARY_PATH. And you'll notice that
> every single elf binary on your system is linked with this. ;-) So,
> rpm has no choice, actually.

.... make sure the variable has been export'd to the environment.

     # LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/my_soft_dir

is insufficient

     # export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/opt/my_soft_dir

works much better.

I suspect that Zot may be right though.  RPM is looking for the
dependency in it's own database.  Try "--force" or "--nodep" ...