[PLUG] Time server broken...

AthlonRob AthlonRob at axpr.net
Mon Feb 16 07:54:16 UTC 2004

On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 07:58, Ed Sawicki wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-02-16 at 06:01, Paul Johnson wrote:

> > No, don't put all your eggs in one basket.
>
> Are you saying that iptables is not reliable and another
> access control mechanism should run in tandem?

I think it's always a good idea to have a second access control
mechanism in place.... redundancy is good for security.  If one level
breaks down, there's a second level to hopefully hold back until
SysAdmin comes along and fixes the first level.

If we have such things, we set our car alarms after locking the car
doors.  Either one should be sufficient protection against intruders,
yet we use both.

In our homes, we usually lock all our doors and windows.  Many, if not
most, people also have some form of weapon near where they sleep... be
it a baseball bat, a shotgun, a rifle, or a little snubnose revolver.
In case the first layer of protection fails.  :-)

Rob