[PLUG] AT talk tomorrow? (and buckling spring keyboard)

Jeme A Brelin jeme at brelin.net
Tue Feb 17 15:47:02 UTC 2004

On Tue, 17 Feb 2004, Wil Cooley wrote:
> On Tue, 2004-02-17 at 14:56, Russell Senior wrote:
> > I haven't seen any announcement of this month's advanced topics
> > meeting.  Happening, or should I plan a PIFF expedition instead?
>
> I'm going to be talking about setting up Samba 3 as Primary and Backup
> Domain Controllers using LDAP (for load management or multi-side
> installations).  It's gonna be hott.

Wow... this is the first time an ALT meeting topic coincides with
something I'm doing right now.

Neat.

So, can somebody tell me why the slapd Debian package REQUIRES X?  That's
kind of... well... fucked.

> > Also, I just got a brand new buckling spring keyboard (i.e. like the
> > old IBM keyboards) today and wondered if there is anyone who wants to
> > see/feel it, particularly those of the younger generation that have
> > never seen/felt/heard one before.
>
> I had a source some years ago; they were only about $20, but they were
> the newer hard plastic instead of the original metal.  I'm using them on
> most of my systems.

I love 'em.  Using one right now.

Are you saying that the shells of some are metal or the springs?

J.
--
     Jeme A Brelin
    jeme at brelin.net