[PLUG] yenta problem in boot process

Wil Cooley wcooley at nakedape.cc
Fri Feb 20 08:58:02 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-02-20 at 08:48, Bill Spears wrote:
> I have a computer with Fedora1 installed that is having trouble
> booting.  Specifically, it stalls just after reporting something about
> yenta's irq.  The line after that  says socket 3000001 or something
> close to that.  This boot failure also happens when I boot from the boot
> disk I  made when I installed Fedora.
>
> Fortunately, it will boot in the rescue mode from the Fedora1 install
> CD.  I did notice that the socket return was different, more like
> 3000004.
>
> I'll check the two socket returns if it matters.
>
> Anyone?

Is this the same computer you put the ISA SCSI card into?  Is this a
laptop or otherwise PCMCIA-enabled system?  A couple of guesses: You've
set the SCSI card's IRQ to be the same as the PCMCIA controller.  Or you
don't have a PCMCIA contoller, in which case, you can disable PCMCIA
start-up with 'chkconfig pcmcia off'.

Wil
Wil Cooley                                 wcooley at nakedape.cc
* * * * Linux, UNIX, Networking and Security Solutions * * * *
* Naked Ape Consulting                   http://nakedape.cc  *
* Sophos Anti-Virus Reseller       http://nakedape.cc/r/sav  *